Saturday, December 20, 2008

They built it...

In 1936 a 300-man Civilian Conservation Corp camp moved in to begin construction of Marion County Lake, which was completed the following year.

A statue honors the African-American work crew.

The lake is located 2 miles east of Marion on U.S. 256, then 1 1/2 miles south.

To know about the CCC and WPA efforts is to "Get Kansas!"

KE #2 Marci Penner

No comments: