Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"You must be a Kansas Explorer..."

I received a great e-mail from an Explorer today. I'll leave out the names in case they don't want to be identified, though I bet they would.

We'll call the guy that wrote the note Roger and the woman Margaret.

As told by "Roger..."

I was in our little Wilson post office yesterday and the lady in front of me in line asked for stamps. She told the clerk she wasn't from around here but was enjoying seeing things in the area including Wilson Lake and that she was having fun making some purchases.

I piped up from behind and said, "You must be a Kansas Explorer."

Margaret turned, smiled, and said, "Why yes, how did you know?"

I smiled back and said, "You're buying stamps as you see the area, and that's what Kansas Explorers do!"

She laughed. The postmaster was completely surprised by our conversation.

Thanks to "Roger" for sending in the note. I love that Explorers are out there walking the walk. Explorers, I hear about your positive presence all the time from shopkeepers, museums, restaurants, and others. Keep up the great work!

To "Get Kansas" it sure helps to be an Explorer! Join today at www.explorekansas.org.

KE #2 Marci Penner

1 comment: