Monday, November 17, 2008

Preaching on Facebook


It's a bit daunting but I'm trying my luck on Facebook. I've got an account -- and I even have Friends. In fact, yesterday I created a group account for the Kansas Explorers Club. It's a lot quicker to send a message out to a group through Facebook than it is to send out a group e-mail blast.

In the group description I was a little more direct than in usual Kansas Explorers Club recruitment lingo. I wrote that we wanted people who are ready to be Kansas activists, ready to commit to buying at locally-owned stores and thinking local, local, local when making purchasing decisions.

My goal is to have 5,000 Kansas activists. Think of it, 5,000 activists sending their Kansas conscienceness into every one they meet. It could be something really great.
You can sign up to be a Kansas Explorer Club member at www.explorekansas.org. We want you. We need you! And, it's fun, too.

To buy local means you "Get Kansas."

From the office in the barn, KE #2 Marci Penner

No comments: